Job Opportunities at The Historic Trust
The Historic Trust is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to inspire civic pride and economic vitality through education, preservation, and celebration of our community’s history. The Trust excels in its day-to-day work to fulfill this mission, including preserving, developing, and managing properties; producing and hosting community events and ceremonies; providing educational and engaging programming; and creating fundraising and volunteer opportunities. The Trust welcomes new perspectives and commitment to community.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at The Historic Trust will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Historic Trust does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression other than other characteristic protected by law.
Current Job openings
Marketing and Events Assistant
The Historic Trust is looking for an upbeat individual who is efficient, comfortable working in a team environment, and can multi-task with the best of them. The ideal candidate will be a problem-solver, resourceful and organized. Accuracy, attention to detail, and strong computer skills (MS Office Suite) are necessary, with extra points for graphic design abilities (Adobe).
The Marketing and Events Assistant experiences all aspects of event production and marketing promotions for a unique non-profit, including planning, logistics, program management, and communications. This is a great position for individuals wanting to expand their skills to new elements of the event, publicity, and marketing environment.
The mission of The Trust is to inspire civic pride and economic vitality through education, preservation, and celebration of our community’s history.
- Organization’s social/digital media presence, including the development and implementation of social media calendar and posts, management of photos and video content to support campaigns, preparation of budgets for paid social media advertising, and collaboration with other departments to ensure that social media reflects the entire mission of The Historic Trust
- Responding to social media comments and questions
- Managing, updating, and editing website running WordPress
- Collaborating with Development Department to assist with securing sponsors and fulfilling sponsor benefits
- Data gathering on campaign success, digital community feedback, and analytics
- Posting events and programming activities to online community calendars
- Assisting with preparing and sending print and e-newsletters and other constituent communications
The individual will be key to the successful production of community-wide public events. This includes:
- Coordination of event vendors and partner organizations from sign-up through thank you
- Friendly, accurate, and timely responses to event participants, vendors, and sponsors
- Maintenance of event timeline and production schedule
- Scheduling of event committee meetings, delivery of agendas and materials, and note taking
- Pick up/drop off items for events, including signage, collateral, and equipment
- Tracking and ordering of supplies for departmental needs
- Serve as a point of contact for vendors and the general public regarding events
- Three (3) years of experience in public and/or non-profit marketing, event management or communications, and/or a degree in communications, graphic design, marketing, public relations, or related field
- Possesses excellent written, verbal, and digital communication skills
- Proficiency with office software products, including MS Office Suite
- Experience with project management software such as Monday.com or Smartsheets, etc., desired but not required
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task
- Experience with building and maintaining a website. Working knowledge of WordPress preferred
- Graphic design experience desired but not required, including Adobe Creative suite programs
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain confidentiality related to the area of work
- Must possess a driver’s license and have reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift to 30 lbs. and is physically able to do light manual labor for events such as moving equipment, hanging signs, setting up tables, chairs, tents, etc.
- Demonstrated experience and results in print and digital marketing communications
- Self-starter with an independent work ethic within a collaborative team environment
- Willingness and ability to pitch in where needed to ensure success
Sustained posture in a seated position and prolonged periods of typing. Ability to lift 30 pounds for moving tables, chairs, and equipment for event set-up. The position requires the flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Events
Hours: Full-time, exempt
Pay: $45,000 annually. The Historic Trust is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits: Generous benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, life, and retirement contributions in accordance with the Trust’s policies.
Position open until filled.
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please email the following to email@example.com
- A cover letter explaining how you meet positions requirements
- At least three professional references, including name, title, business/organization name, phone, and email
- Three writing samples (i.e., sample press release, social media post, calendar description of events)