Vancouver’s Fireworks Spectacular
July 4 @ 10:05 pm - 10:25 pm
Vancouver’s Fireworks Spectacular 2019
End your Independence Day with a BANG at the 56th Annual Vancouver’s Fireworks Spectacular! Bring the entire family for food, fun and entertainment….and a blanket to the Fort and stake out your spot to watch the largest fireworks show in the region.
This year is all about a bigger, brighter, BOOM! With the City-wide ban on retail fireworks, Vancouver’s Fireworks Spectacular will allow the community to enjoy the tradition of Independence Day fireworks safely.
Bloodworks NW will be onsite to accept blood donations to support local patients. Click HERE to make your appointment and make a difference in surrounding counties!
Want to volunteer? Complete form below.
Thank you to the following sponsors:
Note that there are some changes this year, most notably the show will be the biggest and brightest fireworks display in years!
Where and when is the Fourth of July fireworks show?
The fireworks show is on Thursday, July 4, 2019 at Fort Vancouver National Historic Site. The fireworks will launch at 10:05pm to a synchronized soundtrack.
How much is admission to Vancouver's Fireworks Spectacular?
Admission is free. Donations will be accepted from those who want to support next year’s Fireworks Spectacular, with a portion of all proceeds supporting the Lower Columbia Veterans Coalition, a collective made up of the Community Military Appreciation Coalition (CMAC), Vancouver Barracks Military Association (VBMA), Combat Veterans International Chapter 9 (CVI), Buffalo Soldiers – Moses Williams Pacific Northwest Chapter (Buffalo Soldiers), and Special Forces Association (SFA).
Where can I see the fireworks?
The best place to see the fireworks is Fort Vancouver National Historic Site. Fireworks will not be visible from Clark College, the Columbia River, or from Portland.
What time do the gates open?
Gates open at 8am, but suggested arrival time is after 5:00 pm. Security checks will be at all entrance gates.
What roads will be closed on July 4th?
Over the course of July 4th, several roads in downtown Vancouver and exits on I-5 will be closed to move traffic efficiently before and after Vancouver’s Fireworks Spectacular:
Closed all day
- Fort Vancouver Way south of Mill Plain
- East Reserve south of Mill Plain
Closed starting 10am
- Evergreen Blvd. from West Reserve St. to U Street
- Mill Plain Blvd. at Fort Vancouver Way
- E 9th Street at East Reserve St.
- E 8th Street at T Street
- E 6th Street at U Street
- E 5th Street at U Street
Closed starting 6 pm
- I-5 northbound Mill Plain exit
- I-5 southbound Mill Plain exit will be west only (right turn) except for C-Tran
- Mill Plain Blvd. between Fort Vancouver Way and East Reserve St.
Closed starting 8 pm
- Grand Blvd. between Evergreen Blvd. and E 5th Street
Closed starting at 9 pm
- Fort Vancouver Way: all three lanes will be northbound
- Hwy 14 Grove Street/Columbia House Drive exit
- Hwy 14 Columbia House Drive/Columbia Way exit
- No east/west travel on McLoughlin Blvd. at Fort Vancouver Way
Is there a shuttle?
Starting at 6pm, C-Tran will run two free shuttles to the event, one from Fisher’s Landing Transit Center and one from the 99th Street Transit Center, with return service after the firework show.
Note there will NOT be a shuttle from Vancouver Mall this year.
Where can I park?
- ADA parking is free onsite along 5th Street for those with a valid ADA permit. A reserved ADA viewing area will be available nearby. View the ADA Parking & Viewing Area Map.
- Downtown Vancouver parking is free for the holiday.
- C-Tran has two free shuttles starting at 6pm, one from Fisher’s Landing Transit Center and the other at the 99th Street Transit Center, with return service after the firework show. See details on C-TRAN’s website.
- $10 Public Parking available at Providence Academy and the grass lot on 5th St between S Street and U Street.
Where is ADA Parking available?
ADA parking is free onsite along 5th Street for those with a valid ADA permit. A reserved ADA viewing area will be available nearby. View the ADA Parking & Viewing Area Map.
Will there be food or drink on site?
There will be food vendors at the event this year.
You can bring in food and drinks (no alcohol).
Can I BBQ on site?
No BBQ or open flames are allowed on site.
Is there live entertainment?
There will be live music this year, as well as music provided by The Bull and other activities to enjoy.
Tour The Marshall House on Officers Row and The Historic Trust’s Providence Academy, watch living history demonstrations at the Fort Vancouver National Historic Site National Park Service’s reconstructed Fort, learn about the history of flight at Pearson Air Museum and pop-up shop, or check out the gift shop, bookstore, historic art, rotating exhibits, and theater at the NPS Visitor Center Visitors who come during the day are encouraged to explore the history attractions at Fort Vancouver National Historic Site including The Marshall House, Providence Academy, The Fort, Pearson Air Museum, and The Fort Vancouver National Historic Site Visitor Center.
Can I bring blankets, chairs, hammocks, canopies, or tents?
You may bring blankets and chairs to comfortably enjoy the fireworks show. No hammocks. Small canopies and tents are allowed. Do not drive stakes into the ground. All canopies and tents must be taken down by sundown to not block others’ view of the fireworks.
Can I bring my pet?
No pets are allowed inside the gates at Vancouver’s Fireworks Spectacular. Service animals welcome.
Click map for larger view
Explore Fort Vancouver National Historic Site On July 4
The Marshall House
July 4th Hours: 12pm-3pm
July 4th Hours: 2pm-6pm