- This event has passed.
September 19 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Saturday, repeating indefinitely
Experience aviation at the first airport in the Pacific Northwest, and the second oldest continuously-operating airfield in the country.
Open by reservation each Saturday from 10am-4pm, the Pearson Field Education Center is the ideal location for youth of all ages to experience STEM education through aviation. We feature a flight simulator lab, vertical wind table, glider building, historic airplanes and collections on display, and various educational programs.
To keep our guests, volunteers and staff safe, new health and safety guidelines have been put into place. Beginning September 2020, all guests must make a reservation online or by phone to attend Open Saturday for a 75 minute visit. We’ve made modifications to our facilities and operating procedures to help protect our visitors and staff. These include (but aren’t limited to):
- Requiring masks for all who enter PFEC, in accordance to the State Secretary of Health’s face covering order.
- Providing hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility
- Implementing enhanced cleaning protocols
- Adding signage to promote social distancing and hand washing
- Online reservations to manage the total number of people in the Education Center at a single time
- Prepackaged hands-on STEM activities and supplies will be provided to reduce the spread of germs through surface contact
- Opening doors and windows to provide fresh air
Entry fee is $7 for each individual age 6 and above. Thanks to a donation from iQ for Kids, iQ Credit Union’s non-profit fund, admission is free for those currently receiving SNAP food assistance benefits. Simply present make your reservation and show your valid EBT card and photo ID at the front desk when you arrive. Valid for up to four individuals per EBT card.
To make a reservation by phone contact 360-992-1818.
“Best daddy day ever!” – Pax, Mykah, Noah, and Moses T.
“Such a great inspiration for my daughter…Her dream is to be a pilot. Thank you!” – Anna L.
“We (8-year-old son and 11-year-old daughter) had a great time today building gliders, balloon cars, marble tracks and flight simulator. The volunteers were all great at helping us with projects and making it a fun day.” – Julie L.